February 23, 2021 – 11:24
Technology equipment maker Huawei has continued to increase its revenue even though the US has tightened sanctions against it. The company is part of the blacklist by former US President Donald Trump, since 2019 after the US did not allow the entry into the country of technological equipment originating from China.
But even though the allegations have been numerous from the US, the company has still denied that it poses a security risk. Huawei chairman Ken Hu has said the company faced tremendous difficulties last year, but revenue is still stable.
“Operations were relatively stable and there was a slight increase in revenue and profit,” he said. Earlier this month, the company’s founder and CEO, Ren Zhengfei, said he hoped the Biden administration would “support an open policy” toward US firms doing business with Huawei.
The Chinese company is one of the main candidates for the expansion of the 5G network in the world, but many of its investments from blocked by the US, due to security.
China, on the other hand, has so far spent more than $ 40.27 billion building its 5G network. Huawei has also unveiled the new 5G Mate X2. foldable phone./tvklan/