PRESENTATION OF “GUIDELINES FOR WORK OF THE NATIONAL COUNCILS OF NATIONAL MINORITIES IN THE REPUBLIC OF SERBIA”
The “Guidelines for the Work of the National Councils of National Minorities in the Republic of Serbia” will be presented on Thursday, August 26, 2021, from 09:30 in the Great Hall of the Parliament of the Autonomous Province of Vojvodina.
Opening words are given by:
- Szakallas Zsolt, Vice President of the State Government and State Secretary for Education, Order, Administration and National Minorities – National Communities
- Tobias Flessenkemper, Head of the Council of Europe office in Belgrade
- Dalibor Nakic, Vice President of the Coordination of National Councils of National Minorities
- Gordana Comic, Minister for Human and Minority Rights and Social Dialogue
- Pasztor Istvan, President of the Assembly of the Autonomous Province of Vojvodina
The “Guidelines for the Work of the National Councils of National Minorities in the Republic of Serbia” were developed as a necessity to standardize the regulations in the field of minority rights, which have been constantly revised in recent years. These guidelines are primarily intended to serve the needs of the members of the NCNM in the exercise of their powers and contain important information on the main instruments and mechanisms for the protection of the rights of national minorities.
The event will be fully open to the media and journalists will be able to attend a brief pre-event session (9:30 am-10:00am) with questions and answers from the keynote speakers.
Simultaneous translation will be offered.
This event is organized for the Western Balkans by the Provincial Secretariat for Education, Regulation, Administration and National Minorities – National Communities in cooperation with the action “Promotion of Diversity and Equality in Serbia” within the framework of the joint program of the European Union and the Council of Europe “Horizontal Facility” and Turkey 2019-2022 “.
Program of the event