September 23, 2021 – 16:44
Latest news from the sport
The Executive Board of the Kosovo Olympic Committee, under the leadership of President Ismet Krasniqi, held its 5th meeting, in which it reviewed various items on the Agenda.
President Krasniqi previously welcomed the new Secretary General, Besim Aliti, for whom it was the first meeting since his appointment. On this occasion, the Secretary General, Aliti, thanked the EU for the trust, promising cooperation in achieving the objectives.
Below, you can find the decisions that came out of the meeting:
– The complaint of the former Secretary General of the KOC, Shasivar Haxhijaj, was reviewed, and the official response will be sent to him according to the decision of the Executive Board.
– The applications of the federations for the Olympic Scholarships “Paris 2024” were discussed and it was concluded that 13 federations have applied with 38 athletes. The sports commission was recommended to make their selection.
– The report of the commission for the employment of two people in the Olympic Academy was approved. Fitim Arifi was appointed to the position of “coordinator of the educational program”, while Diellza Kelmendi to the position of “coordinator of Olympic values”.
– It was concluded that the preparations for the Winter Olympic Games “Beijing 2022” are going according to the planned dynamics. LOD “Beijing 2022” is held from 4-20 February 2022.
– Jeton Rudari was elected head of mission for the European Winter Olympic Festival (EYOF) “Vuokatti 2022”. The EYOF is held from 20-25 March 2022 in Vuokatti, Finland.
– It was discussed about the organization of the Conference “Gender Equality”, which is expected to be held next month.
– It was decided that the Volleyball Club “Luboteni”, to return the money to file a complaint, as the Sports Arbitration Commission (CAS), had not taken a decision on their complaint, addressed to this body last year.
– The basketball coach, Dritëro Sefaja, was selected to continue the “International Coach Enrichment Certification Program (ICECP)”. The program is a project of the United States Olympic and Paralympic Committee, in collaboration with Olympic Solidarity and the University of Delaware, while aiming to expand the high level of preparation through the ICECP program.
– The representative from the Tennis Federation of Kosovo, Blearta Ukëhaxhaj, was selected as ambassador from Kosovo at the European Youth Olympic Festival (EYOF) “Banska Bistrica 2022”, which in July is held in Banska Bistrica, Slovakia. Blearta is a former tennis player, now a judge, while as an athlete she has represented Kosovo in the European Youth Olympic Festival “Gyor 2017”, where she was also the flag bearer in the opening ceremony, as well as a participant in the Mediterranean Games “Tarragona 2018”. /Zeri.info